If you are looking for a challenge and want to join a highly motivated team at the forefront of Internet video networking, consider accelerating your career at TrafficLand.
TrafficLand is the largest authorized provider of live traffic video in the US, with a national network of over 8,500 cameras. The company provides live traffic video content for a wide range of markets and end-user applications.
TrafficLand is currently looking for a:
Senior Software Engineer / Software Engineer
We are looking for both a Software Engineer and Senior Software Engineer with to help us build the next generation of our many products. We are a polyglot programming team, believing that using the right tool for the job makes the most sense.
We run our production servers on Linux using AWS EC2 and create both web applications and desktop applications (WPF based). Part of our process includes using continuous integration and test driven development.
The responsibilities for the Senior Software Engineer include the ability to be a part of the architecture, design and implementation of both the next versions of our existing products and the new products that are being developed. It requires a record of proven experience delivering key applications and the desire to work with a diverse set of technologies. The position is for someone who is self-motivated and likes to take the lead on different aspects of development and has the ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the team.
The responsibilities for the Software Engineer position are similar to the Senior Position but with less experience required. While this position will not require as much of a leadership role it is also expected that person will be highly self-motivated.
Experience or interest in the following technologies is required:
- Dependency Injection (w/Guice)
- Video Transcoding
- C#/.NET 4
- AWS: EC2, S3, ElasticBeanstalk
Linux / Network Systems Administrator
TrafficLand is seeking a motivated and experienced Linux / Network system administrator able to assist in the maintenance and expansion of a high-performance server and network infrastructure. Candidate must be experienced with Linux system administration, network hardware and configuration, and open-source solutions.
- Day-to-day management of Linux server and AWS infrastructure, including general health monitoring, troubleshooting, patch maintenance, backups, and more.
- Assist with build-out of expanded server and network infrastructure.
- Explore, test, and document improvements and findings.
- Improve monitoring and backup capabilities
- Assist the development team with any/all system administration tasks
- On-call availability
- 3+ years of Linux system administration. Experience with multiple distributions preferred.
- 4+ years of web server administration. Strong experience in one or more technologies: Apache or other web server, Tomcat and/or Jetty.
- Systems monitoring experience (Nagios, Zabbix, or other NMS) including SNMP. Cacti/rrdtool a plus.
- System automation experience, including shell scripting and Linux kickstart.
- Amazon Web Services platform
- Open-source enthusiast!
- Experience supporting developers, including the provisioning and maintenance of testing environments.
- Experience with video streaming technologies
- Working knowledge of basic database administration.
- Experience with web load balancers and firewalls.
- Cisco switches and routers configuration. IOS experience. Bandwidth utilization monitoring.
All positions are located in TrafficLand's Fairfax, Virginia offices.
Email your resume in confidence to us; be sure to include the position title you are applying for in the subject line of the email.